Friday, August 1, 2008

New York City here I come. LOL!

Okay you might think I am crazy but I am not it is my friend who is crazy. My wonderful friend was going to go to New York city all by herself to meet an Australian women she met online in (ARE you ready?) a Jane Austen forum. It is too funny. Actually I believe it is women and not a man like her daughters says. Kids are too funny at sixteen. I thought it was kind of cool for her to travel into NYC to meet up with someone who is just going to be in the states for three weeks, but only one night in NY. So I leave tomorrow at the crack of dawn to catch a train into the city. We plan on dropping off our bag and maybe going to the ticket line in hopes of getting some matinee tickets for a show. We have no idea what else we will do except plan to meet up with an Australian women and her friend to talk about Jane Austen. I borrowed my friend's movie Pride and Prejudice so I could be somewhat in the conversation. I enjoyed it but I am not as knowledgeable as my jet setting friend. I found out the Australian girl will be visiting Walt Disney World so I will have lots to say on that subject. So I bid you all farewell until I return with hopefully lots of stories of my fun filled weekend. I have such husband withdrawal when I leave him, but I keep telling myself it is only one day.

Here is a photo of a necklace I made for someone from Sweden. It is a thick hand cut sterling washer and it is stamped on the other side with the word Mama and a heart symbol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very very pretty! Definitely for my wishlist! Happy Summer Tammy! Love/Lindzi

The Beauty Bargainista said...

WOW! That is too funny.....I hope you have a great time! :)

and the necklace is beautiful!