Friday, July 18, 2008

My bowl and my contribution.

Okay so I do not want to bore you with my Peters Valley stories. I will just say it was a great experience even though I heard the fine metal department bonds the least. I think we did just fine. Thanks to Lauren and Karen for the ride down to lunch on the days I did not have my Jeep. Well every Sunday after lunch the Peters Valley staff gets an auction together that is open to the public as well as the students. The workshop teachers, helpers, and even students auction off their creations. You can get some wonderful pieces for a great price for even a better cause. The funds are given to Peters Valley to continue their great class offerings from well known designing teachers in all different art fields. Check out my bowl I won that was created by Alison from ceramics signed and dated. Thanks!


Here is my created donation. I am sending these off to be auctioned off during their Sunday fun. I know someone there will heart
Peters Valley like me and gladly give money to wear it with a smile. Thanks.



Here are our rings after a good tumble. Shiny things are so hard to photograph. I can see all kinds of things in that photo even my daughter. Today I poked a hole in a thick piece of paper to take a photograph of a bracelet. I just stuck the lens of the camera through the hole and at least I could not see myself. Although it is definitely not professional or taken in a fancy photo box, but if it sells and the person loves it than it works. Look at the bracelet to see the piece of paper. LOL!

2 comments:

Katy said...

I have looked through your posts and the jewelry you make is beautiful!! I love it! :)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That bowl is beautiful!!!

(I ordered some new goods from your hubby yesterday. YAY! No one warned me that stamping is so addictive.)