Friday, August 29, 2008

Look what I made for myself! Also a tale about the cranky crafter!

I made a Mickey and Minnie charm bracelet. I cut out two mickey heads and a heart by hand from sterling silver. I hand cut a bow for Minnie and soldered it on. I was so excited to actually make myself something. I never do that. I decided to oxidize the whole bracelet. I did not want any beads on it but I might add some more charms in the future. I guess that is how you get started with a few charms to having a bunch of special charms. I might also just leave it only for Mickey and Minnie. It makes me smile.

Okay the next subject at hand is the cranky crafter. I asked my sister if she wanted to help make autograph books special for the girls. She was more than happy to help. I knew only I could actually do anything on it and help pick out the goodies since I was paying for it. But no kids allowed. You can watch but please do not ask to touch. He He! Well my daughter was fine just watching, but boy she was singing alot last night and that was messing with my sister's creativity. She kept telling her to stop singing the same song.(you know how you just get that song stuck in your head) I told my sister she was the cranky crafter and she swears she is just intense. A little bit of perfectionist is in all of us. We get that from our mom. Well I loved the way they turned out. A trip to the craft store to get some sketch pads, ribbon, glue, paper and stickers and you will be on your way to a beautiful autograph/photo book too! (On hand supplies were Swarovski flatback crystals and glitter glue) They look so much better in person with their sparkly crystals and 3-d stickers. I might have to get some better photos. Thanks for letting me share, especially my bracelet. Which book is your favorite???






3 comments:

Tammy said...

ADORABLE Tammy! Have fun girlie!

melbytoast said...

I'm SO excited for you my friend!!!! I can't wait to see all the pics when you get home :)

I may have to scoop up a bracelet for myself like that--you know it would thrill me to pieces every time I looked at it!

The autograph books are da bomb...your kids are going to have so much fun filling them up!

*smooches*

Kristen

erin said...

I'm patiently waiting for you to get home...! I want to hear all about your trip!!!