Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Beautiful Birthday Weekend


Sunday when the birthday girl did not want her photo taken.

This weekend we celebrated my oldest 14th birthday. Whew! I am getting old. Anyway we did not really plan much ahead as life has been busy enough. So Saturday I slept in a little late. Everyone was already up and about. So we thought let's invite my family for dinner and my mom suggested we go to the Camden River sharks game. So we went to Christina's choice Texas Roadhouse. It was us four, my mom, Ray, my sister, and we brought my two nieces. It was a great meal and they brought over a saddle and had the all the people yell YEHAW for her birthday. No pictures of the game but it was alot of fun different than pro baseball. They play music and do lots of fun games during the breaks. After the game all the kids can run the bases. My husband took the kids down, Rachel took off, Ashley was not far behind, and Maddie my 3 year old niece lost her flip flop and got knocked over by about 4 kids. She was a trooper though got right up and ran the rest of the bases. LOL! Crazy kids.



Sunday in our jeep after church and on way to the shore.



Ocean City's shore view from the boardwalk.



Dad and Rach after playing mini golf.

We headed down the shore on Sunday for a quick bite to eat. We ate at Smitty's Clam Bar on the water where you can just sit outside on stools. I had baked scallops and clam chowder and it was yummy. Christina had fried shrimp and Chris had the chowder and grilled tuna. We had a great time and they were putting up the dinner menu around 4 pm and they had such yummy choices. We will have to go back soon for dinner. (Although it will have to be right at 4pm we drove by later and it was packed with no seats and lots of people waiting.) We walked the boardwalk looking in the stores and waiting until we were not full so we could eat dessert. We left the shore earlier than usual and decided to get WaWa ice cream to take home and eat.

What a wonderful weekend. Thanks Christina for your birthday celebration.

No comments: