Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oh my goodness I am freaking out, LOL!


It was almost exactly a year ago we came home to our coffee cup spider on June 8, 2008. You can read here. I was going to get the clothes out of the dryer and for whatever reason I looked into the washer. I was not going to put clothes in and thank goodness I did not just throw in towels like I usually do. Oh my goodness can you imagine reaching in to this monster. I could not believe how big it was. The photo does NOT do it any justice. It looks like a baby. It was not it had a huge body and I was freaking out. Ugh! I am itchy right now and scared to do wash tomorrow. What was it doing in the washer??? It may have come up from the crawl space. I don't know but I hope if it had family they stay where they belong outside. We have not seen any bugs except the occasional centipede. We just had the exterminator out last week for a general spray. Well, I must admit I missed the first time killing it.(My husband always misses and they get away.) So I drop the first steel block on him, but did not get close enough for fear of the thing propelling onto me like an alien. It did not run after I missed it just spread out. So I quickly tore everything apart for another steel block to drop on it. This one killed it enough that it was stuck. EEWWW!!! So my husband had to get gloves for the clean up. I think I can pass on doing laundry tomorrow until my memory of the terrible thing fades. LOL!

2 comments:

melbytoast said...

Eeeeew, the spider!!!

Loved reading through the blog to catch up on your recent news...I miss chatting with you in the Pod! I'm not there any longer--just wasn't the same without my girls. I wish them well though--it's a great bunch of girls.

You have so many gorgeous designs out...makes me ooh and ahh :)

I was wearing my Mickey necklace yesterday...it always makes me feel happier! It reminds me of our fun trips and starts me day-dreaming about our next "someday" vacation. It also reminds me of my friend's sweet generosity during a time that was tough...(((hugs)))

Let's make sure we stay in touch!

~Kristen

Anonymous said...

YIKES! I'm going to try to put one of these in my washer.Maybe I won't have to do laundry anymore. Think it will work?