Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Coffee Cup Spider


Okay, now that I scared you with this horrific photo. Let me tell the story. We just got home late from my sister in law's house from a BBQ. The kids were in bed and my husband comes into our room saying there is a huge spider in the kitchen. I am thinking in my head yeah it is a spider but not huge, but he was very convincing. He said he went to go get a drink of water from the kitchen sink. He looked down and thought I should be screaming but he said it was so big he was in shock and just backed away from the sink. LOL! I love him but he is not the best bug killer. I went out to see this HUGE spider in my sink. OH my goodness. (Side note: kitchen sink was left a mess from making macaroni salad) So we tried to figure out how we were going to kill this massive spider as big as a full size coffee cup. My husband starts to boil water to flush it down the drain, but I just knew with it's size it would hold on for dear life and than crawl out later. So I thought we have to crush it but how it was almost on the edge and a pot is round so what can I use. I do not want to miss and have to chase this or worse miss it and wonder for the rest of my life when we will meet again. The spider was aware we were looking at it, but it stayed still so I thought I will use those steel block I have that I do not use. I thought it was brilliant and it worked. I held a 2.5 by 2.5 steel block over the spider and let it go and it barely fit underneath. So yes, I am a spider killer, but can you blame me.

3 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

eeeew! I hate spiders. I use to get spider bites on my eye and it would get all puffy.yuck! Anyhoo..a gal ordered 50 of those canvases for 2 baby showers. 150 buttons...I stitched floss through all the holes uuugh. lol

erin said...

ewwww, that is sooooo gross! Kudos for you being able to kill it!

bella*tessa said...

OH....MY....GOODNESS!!!! I would have FREAKED out! I just can NOT take spiders. Bleck!