Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pleasures of meeting new people

This is a new design that I have added to my store. Let me tell you a story about the pleasures of meeting new people. I met a wonderful women named Linda who lives in Sweden. She ordered a special necklace that she designed based on items in my Etsy store.







She came up with this name necklace pictured with 2-5/8 inch charms, a white pearl, and puffed heart charm. I actually call it my Sweden necklace now. I sell it on my website and in my Etsy store.




Well one might wonder why I would call it my Sweden just because one nice women bought one. Linda writes a blog in Sweden that focuses on scrap booking. It is a very popular site that receives a lot of traffic. She took a photo of her necklace that I made for her and posted it on her blog. I have received a lot of orders from other women for the very same necklace which is why I call it my Sweden necklace. I tried to read her blog, but it is another language. I have asked her and others what it said. She said she was happy with her new name necklace.

Maybe I should call my new design my "Thank you" necklace. I recently mailed out a live, laugh, love necklace to Linda. I told her how much I appreciate her recommending me to all her friends. I have had so many opportunities to meet terrific people from another country. Just recently I have been emailing with a women about some customs she ordered for her and her friend. I asked her what it is like where she lives and she shared some neat things with me. Also, all the ladies that order speak and write English very well. I look forward to meeting more people and making them smile with a custom name necklace. Thank you so much Linda. Read her blog with her new posting about her gift. If you scan down you can see a sentence in English.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU!! How very sweet of you to write all this and to send me a thank you-necklace. You don't even know how much the words mean to me right now. I have recently gotten a rather bad diagnosis for my right eye which has all of a sudden become blurry (Bleeding Macula). I try to focus on the good things and now be scared if I will lose my sight. And today I had my first operation when I got medication injected. I hope this will give me a clearer sight. And at the hospital visit I was wearing your gift. These positive words is what I need to focus on right now. Lotsa Love/Linda

Joyfully Crafted said...

Linda you are truly a wonderful person. You share so much of yourself on your blog and people enjoy reading it. I love meeting your readers when they order their own special necklace. I will think of you and I hope and pray that you stay healthy. Please keep in touch.

Tammy said...

Tammy holy cow girl those are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!