Thursday, June 19, 2008

Confessions of a Jewely Maker

When I first started making jewelry I rarely had any of my jewelry on. I know terrible. I would often be asked so what do you do? Oh I make jewelry and sell it at craft shows. They would look at me and kind of look for any sign of jewelry on me. So I tried to wear a few pieces. Now I did enjoy seeing my jewelry on others it sparkled and they loved it. I made alot of crystal beaded jewelry and it was not my thing. I also should tell you it was not my thing probably because I am very plain jane and I rarely get all dressed up and jewelry is usually the finshing touch. I did enjoy wearing my beaded anklet but that was seasonal. So why am I telling you all this?


Well I think it officially started when I made these earrings for myself. I loved wearing them, but I realized I needed some other oxidized pieces to go with my new earrings. Kind of like a set, so I aquired a few pieces that were not perfect for sale but just fine for me. Now I get why people want a "set" of jewelry. I also am starting to get why people want different "sets" to match different outifts. Now for me I am very practical and I like to design that way as well. I now also have a set of shiny pieces of silver. I also have a few pieces that are multi colored so they will go with many items.(remember I said I am practical) Okay so it has happened I became a person who does not feel fully put together without a few pieces of jewelry on, even when I am running out to the store. (I even put make-up on) I am becoming high maintenance. LOL! So I went to the movies the other night. I wore the following; necklace, bracelet, earrings, ring, and an anklet. Wow can you believe it? I must say as I was out I thought you know on my other wrist it would look really nice with maybe a few light weight wire bangles maybe with a charm. (so look for them maybe in my store soon)


Note: I acquired my new necklace design because it was not perfect as I originally stamped the "l" as an "i", but it is fine for me. It is two 3/8 sized charms and 1/2 inch small but definitely there to be seen. So I hope you join me on my journey to make more jewelry for me and you.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog...go check it out for details...Love those earings btw!!!

Gina

erin said...

Love those hoops!!! Are those in your shop? Off to look!

Anonymous said...

You sweet woman! THANK YOU so much for the lovely necklace that arrived in my mail today. I recommended your shop because your silverware is so neat and clean. Just the way I want it. I have looked for a name necklace for a long time but others look dented and I don't like that very much. I love my namn necklace too. And always get lots of comments on it. Have a great summer! Love from Lindzi

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Isn't it interesting how our style changes and develops? Mine has really changed since I started too.

I'm just easing into stamped items after numerous requests and with the help of Erin. :) I'm a big ol' chicken though that I'll smash my fingers with that hammer! haha!

I love those earrings.