Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sharing my first creation for a man

I have a dear friend who supported me so much when I first was starting out. She hosted one of my first at home jewelry parties, she bought gifts for others from me, and she has been so encouraging to me. She is still a wonderful friend of mine and we get together as couples to play games. Well her husband liks to wear jewlery and has mentioned to me before way in the past about creating jewelry for men. I was doing alot of bead stringing at the time and did not have the vision to create for a man. Besides my husband does not wear jewelry so I just did not have a clue. Well about three months ago I was talking to the husband of my friend about his work. I think he needed some encouraging at the time and I said I am going to make you a man cuff. So I asked him his favorite verse in the bible. Well Mother's day came along and it was so very busy so I had no additional time to create something new. It was driving me crazy, because evertime I saw him I thought of the "mancuff". LOL! Well finally I made the cuff and gave it to him and he loved it. His wife says it his favorite thing. I hope he finds it encouraging. Since then I have made a few men items that I have listed in my Etsy store. (I recently made a cuff for a husband and based on what was stamped inside I think she is pregnant. How exciting that I was a part of that news. Well, maybe.)



1 comment:

L~ said...

WOW ~ your jewlery is awesome!
I just stumbled upon you via Etsy where I too have a little shoppe! My medium of choice is paper but I do occassionally veer of course, as you can see with the addition of earrings!:o) After reading all these fab-blogs I get inspired & sometimes I think my head will simply explode from all the ideas in there! I'd like to ivite you to take a peek at my worlds of art & "stuff," if you're interested...on Etsy@http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5786497
Blog @
glitterngrunge.blogspot.com -and/or- prim4Him which is invite only so if interested let me know & I'll get your email for an invite! Wishing you continued success, nice to see fellow artists who also give God the glory! :o)In Christ, GNG GIRL aka Lisa in WA~