Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Look at this YUMMY appetizer



This was made by my daughter Christina. She loves to cook and to cook alot. It was so delicous. It was a version of an appetizer we had recently out at a restaurant. Chef Christina's version: Fresh Jersey Tomatoes-they were so yummy with reduced balsamic vinegar topped with cilantro(we could not find basil) served with a garlic infused whole wheat Italian bread with melted fresh mozzarella. I seriously could have eaten the whole thing, but thankfully I had restraint.

Well we took a day trip to Cape May, New Jersey. My husband had a quick job down there and we traveled with him. My younger daughter went to the Jonas Brothers concert in a LIMO, but more about that when I get photos. Anyway we missed going to the Mad Batter on Wednesday when we just my husband and I went to Cape May. (He had the same job but the computer did not work so he had to go back-lucky me) So if you are ever in Cape May you gotta go to this restaurant called the Mad Batter. We usually visit for brunch and went there for Easter one year, but this was our first time for dinner. It isn't cheap, but we found out everyday if you arrive between 5 to 5:30 you will receive half off the second meal. Well we enjoyed our waitress, we enjoyed hearing the specials and they even told us the prices. I find it so annoying when a restaurant does not not tell you the prices for specials. What if it is some unique thing that cost $150? Anyway we loved the food. I think it may have been my best dinner ever.
My husband had salmon topped with lump crabmeat over mashed sweet potatoes.
I had petite filet Mignon with a crab cake with sweet potato hash and roasted tomatoes. I don't usually like sweet potatoes, but these were delicous.
My daughter had a Caesar salad with Thai buffalo wings.(2 appetizers her choice.)
Everything was wonderful my only complaint was my daughter's soda was not a free refill and the waitress asked her if she wanted a refill. First of all I am paying a decent price for my plate of food give me a free soda it is pennies. Second of all if it is not free refills ask me if she can have it than I will realize it is not free don't ask her I know she is old but I am sure she is not paying for dinner. Just a pet peeve. I will definitely go back again and again but drink water.

No comments: