Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wedding Weekend

Mr. and Mrs. Dale and Shawna Adkins.


My cousins Melissa and Tracy. Aren't they pretty.


Rachel and her two cousins. (Christina was not in any of my photos. I thought I took one of her in the baby. I think it may have been with the table camera.)

We had a little wedding get away in Conneticut this weekend. My aunt who lives in Virginia had been trying to get in touch with me about my cousin's wedding. It was only four hours away and the hotel stay was only $65, and I have not seen my cousin's in so long. It is ashame how you lose touch with family especially when they live so far away. My aunt, the mom of the bride, was so happy that we could attend the wedding. She has such a big heart. It was wonderful seeing my cousins they grew up to be such beautiful women. We left early on Saturday around 8:30 am. We were supposed to leave by 7 am, but when I went to bed without packing I knew that wasn't going to happen. We arrived in Connecticut around 12:45 pm. We checked in, changed our clothes, and off to the chapel we went. The wedding started at 2pm and we made a wrong turn. It was snowing too! We walked through the church doors at 2:03pm. Thank goodness we were trying to get in when the bride was coming down teh aisle. The church was so adorable and the service was beautiful. It was still snowing as we headed off to the country club. The food was deliciuos and we were starving. I think we tried every hors orderves twice as they came around to serve us. Okay the next part is going to be a shock to anyone who knows me well. My cousin Tracy had an 8 month old little girl Chloe. She was in the wedding party and you know how that goes you have to actually work. (pictures, dance, etc) Well she asked if Christina could keep an eye on her baby which she did, but I helped ALOT. Chloe was adorble, but she was tired. It was just funny for my husband, because I never take on baby duty. I am just better with the potty trained, feed yourself, and play with others nicely 4 year old and up kids. Well at 8 pm the last song was played and it was time to hit the snowy roads. The area got about 4 inches. We stayed up late in my uncles rooms talking as the kids hung out in our room. It was nice my kids are 13 and 8 and my uncles are 13 and 10. So they had a blast too. The morning came and we went to Dunkin Donuts for flatbreads and coffee. (I have to say when I was there I remembered that I do not recall grabbing my camera from the wedding. We were close to the country club so we stopped in to ask about the camera. They did not have it and I thought okay my fairly reasonable weekend away got really expensive. How could I not remember. I am thinking it was because I was holding the baby. My husband said check your bag. I did not because I would have remembered putting it in there. Wouldn't I? Well, I FOUND IT in the bag that I should have checked. My memory is terrible.)



Us in front of the diner. Also note my husband was wearing his throw back Reggie White Eagles jersey. The Eagles played and beat the NY Giants. There were lots of NY Giant fans in the diner since the stadium was right down the street and the game just ended. It was a play off game and since the NY Giants lost it was their last game. Thankfully we did not meet any overly unhappy fans. We did get a good luck next week, Go Reggie White.



The framed article that as featured in local paper.

Okay I feel like I am boring everyone to tears with all these details. We drove through Hartford, saw Yale University, and was heading to a diner that was on the Food Network's show Diner, Drive-ins, and Dives. Guy Fieri went on a New Jersey tour of Diners We went to the Tick Tock diner. It was really neat to go there and the food was good. We ate the Disco fries that Guy had. They were fries topped off with gravy and cheese.

1 comment:

Dora said...

Would love for you to give a review of the Tick Tock in my blog, if you have the time ....

http://dinersdrive-insanddives.blogspot.com/search/label/tick%20tock%20diner