Friday, January 2, 2009

Very Merry Mickey Christmas Party


Magic Kingdom Tree in the daytime from the railroad deck.


Magic Kingdom Tree at night.

We had a magical time going to the Very Merry Christmas Party. We had went before and had a great time. You do have to buy these tickets separately and they have the party on select night from November and this year's last night was December 19th. I was really excited that we just made their last night. I will tell you that if you are staying the week of Christmas you can see the same holiday parade and the same christmas show that before that week are only available to been seen at this party event. The party is located at the Magic Kingdom. They close the park down early and you can only stay if you have the special wristbands it is from 7pm to midnight but they let you in starting at 4pm. This was our first visit to a park since we arrived. We did ride some rides like the Pirates of the Carribean. Really this night is for the parade, fireworks, castle show, fun dance party, and the twas the night before x-mas show. Now we were with other people and I was afraid I was not going to make it to everything. You really have to plan this part with the events being at certain times. My husband was so proud of me, because I did not complain once. I was just glad to be with others and guess what I got to see everything on my list. I was looking forward to the parade and my thing is I want a good spot to view it.(I like to be in the front and be able to see everything even their feet) Now I know it is for the children and I will have you know I will let kids in front of me, but adults stay back. You do have to get a good spot early which means up to an hour before the parade you want to select an area along the parade route and plant yourself. Okay now for some photos. Now do not worry the rest of my Disney blog postings will not be as long, because I did not take many more photos.


Cute Jeana-Marie with a Christmas headband.


Goofy Claus at the eatery. They have a full DJ teaching a bunch of fun dances. Chris and Rachel did the YMCA, cupid shuffle, and many more. What a great time we had here.


Disney castle at the start of their fireworks display. Holiday Wishes.


Cinderella and Prince Charming in the holiday parade. This parade is one of my favorite. It is filled with so much holiday themed floats even dozens of toy soldiers marching down the path.


All of us pictured in front of the holiday lit castle.


Mickey and Minnie during the Twas the night before Christmas show. An awesome show with an orchestra playing the music, live singers and dancers, and lots of character play in the fun musical.


Another spectacular shot of the castle lit with thousands of Christmas lights.

2 comments:

melbytoast said...

Yay!!!! I'm so happy to see your Disney posts...I'm soakin' it all up :-D

Now, I'm off to read about Day #2...

Kristen

BizzieLizzie said...

Happy New Year my friend!! I have read all of your Disney posts and WOWZA - what a fantastic time, it looks like y'all had!! We're heading out this summer - plans are still on - and we can hardly stand it!!

Have a wonderful 2009 ahead!!