Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Okay I think I can talk about it now


Okay there they are my Ugg boots that I bought myself right before we left for Disney. I had thoughts of wearing them in Disney. I know what was I thinking. Not only was it too warm, but what would have I done if it had rained. I not only bought them for myself but I bought them for my oldest, my mom for christmas, and my youngest who is only 8 and is terrible with shoes. So this is how my obsession started, but I am better now really I am. LOL! They are expensive!! I do not spend a lot of money on clothes, because my style is very casual. (What not wear to wear would have a field day with me. My daily outfit now consists of jeans, uggs, a long sleeve shirt, and a zippered jacket.) Well because they were so pricey I became obsessed with keeping them clean. I personally would be in a Wawa getting coffee and someone would look clumsy with their coffee and I in my head was like you better NOT spill coffee on my shoes they are Uggs you know. And heaven forbid someone make a quick turn in my head I would be screaming Are you trying to step on my light sand UGGS, are you stupid??? I know a little crazy. Well my 8 year old the one really too young for this shoe responsibility wanted them the most, so the pep talk before she wears them to school starts, when she got home the inspection would begin, at home I would stare at her feet and say be careful your stepping on them or don't sit like that your toes is on the floor. My husband was so sick of hearing me caution everyone on the proper Ugg wearing etiquette that he was about to go make them dirty so it would all be over.
I took precaution by spraying them with the protector. I spilled RED powerade all over the table and thankfully because of the protection it splashed on my boots but beaded up and came right off.
I am doing better at this point and have stopped focusing on the condition of the Uggs. The only person that has a noticeable stain is my oldest who is got the rim dirty from the wet snow mixed with dirt, but we plan on cleaning them soon. It is a big project to clean them with the cleaner that you can buy directly from the company so we will get to it and I will let you know how it all works out.
Thanks for being supportive during my phase of needing to get over already. LOL!

1 comment:

melbytoast said...

So funny! I bet you developed an "Ugg Stare"...the look you gave people when they got too close to your boots with their coffee (or dirt).

I understand your obsessiveness--it springs up for me over the strangest things, lol. I would love to try a pair of Uggs someday--they look totally comfy!

Kristen