Friday, October 2, 2009

Some Jeep Fun



Chris and Rach looking cool.



He got stuck behind the double flat so he decided to break out of line and he did finally get out.

We were heading to a craft show last Saturday. The kids were not excited, because it was 2.5 hours away. But it would have been a beautiful ride. We could have left them home, but still young enough that I can make them come. So I did. Well I did not get much sleep the night before and I was not up for a super long drive, but I wanted to get away for the day. So I grabbed my iphone next to my bed and googled craft shows with the date. Well I found the Jeff Daniels Jeep show in Harleysville, Pa. Well we had never been to a Jeep show and we have a Jeep so why not it was only a 1.5 hours away. It was a nice day and it did not start until 1pm. My kind of show, late! Anyway my husband cleaned the Jeep. It was funny seeing him prepare the Jeep as if he would have been frowned upon by the other Jeeps. He even ran to get the "BIG" tire put on the rim for the spare so all the tires matched. Whatever. LOL! So we headed on our way. Stopped for breakfast locally at the Philly Diner in NJ. It was yummy. We got to the Jeep show and there were tons of Jeeps. You could enter your Jeep in the show. There were all kinds of catergories, old, modified, lots of catergories. We got there about 2:30 pm and they had some Jeeps in the back going through the mud trails. I thought that was the most exciting part. Lots of hills, mud, smoke, engines roaring, and even a double flat ending with a Jeep rescue with handy winch. They had some food, music, Jeeps. My only want was some vendors selling Jeep accessories and maybe some hats and t-shirts.

Well it is almost Saturday and we might head to West chester, PA to check out Quadratec's Jeep show. Hopefully they will have some small Jeep accessories for sale since they sell them in a huge catalog.

No comments: