Thursday, October 15, 2009

Some fun with the ladies from church

A sample of the donations given.

Wow, it has been a whole week. I left to go to the ladies retreat in Wildwood, NJ last Thursday. I stayed two nights. I do miss my family when I leave, but I needed a break. Not from them I wished they had come, but just everything else. I was a little stressed. I have been working hard, making lots of photo charms, making lots of hair bows, working one day a week, so much cheerleading, and oh yeah I have 2 kids, a husband, and a home. So all that to say I was looking forward to getting away with our church and just having fellowship and learning about God. My dear friend Deb was my roommate and we had a great time. We had the best time with 3 other ladies from our church staying up late each night and chatting. The ladies were all different ages and the oldest two were the rowdiest. Knocking on doors, calling us on the phone, and coming in to our room to chat, it was really a great time. They had me craking up. We ate lots of food, walked on the boardwalk (it was so Hot 81 degrees), and took some fun workshops. We met up on the second night it was a 60's themed gathering. You should have seen the bell bottoms, peace signs, and wigs. Too funny. We even played musical chairs and the eldest ladies were not kidding around! I have to get some photos. We had some great testimonies of what God was doing in people's life. Some shared struggles we all face and we heard some encouraging words. Again a great time until I came home with a cold. YUCK! Sunday I felt just barely okay, but Monday and Tuesday I was coach bound. Just felt better on Wednesday and have been working to catch up on those two days missed. I am all caught up now. There is so much I want to get done I have a home show next week and the holidays are coming. Time slow down. LOL!

No comments: