Friday, October 2, 2009

Attn: Gold Girls: New 14KT Gold Filled Charm Necklaces



I just love it!





I received a request to do a special gold washer necklace similar to my flat ring of names so I decided to take the Gold plunge. I have had requests before, but I am a silver girl. Although my sister bought me a pretty top with gold buttons and I said I can not wear this with silver so I made myself something really small and delicate. The 14KT gold filled is not cheap, because it is real gold over metal NOT plated. I could not find it for sale in a thick gauge metal and I just won't make pieces using thin metal. I bought a Swanstrom disc cutter with washer add on and at first I thought it was not worth the hefty price tag of $300.(If you want some more information on the cutter contact me) It was marking the gold when you punched out the washers. At the price of a small piece of 14KT gold filled metal you do NOT want any marks. So you have to put a piece of paper on both sides of the metal to prevent any marking. It does wear very nicely. So now that I made myself a gold charm necklace, I will be a gold girl on some days. I look forward to making some gold girls happy this upcoming holiday season.

No comments: