Friday, April 18, 2008

Handmade Invites

Okay my intentions were to have some postcards made and they would be a fancy way to give out invitations to home parties or send with applications for craft shows. Well that just did not happen. I have been trying to take care of Mother's Day orders and have not had too much time to create new items for the upcoming home show that I will be attending. A couple of ladies that I met at local craft shows are hosting a home jewelry party. They are so dear, and it will be a perfect time for Mother's day jewelry. So I thought I have to get these handouts to my party host, but it was too late for a professional printing job. Well I digitally put together four photos in a 6 by 4 inch frame. I went to my local photo print and printed a bunch out for 19 to 29 cents a piece depending if you wanted it right now or come back in hour. I bought some nice paper from the local craft store with a 50 percent off coupon to use a backdrop. I cut the photos up into four and double taped them to the cardstock paper. I had also printed business cards with all the party info and double taped them to the other side. I think they turned out nice for the time crunch and the price. It is a crafty way of presenting your different works to your party guest.

1 comment:

Charmingdesigns said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog. Lets see, I was looking on etsy to find a new tip for my soldering iron and ran across a blog, which lead me to yours lol. how fun is this blogging, anyway, nice to meet you, nice blog, cute kids. Great jewelery. Laurie