Saturday, March 15, 2008

Down the shore in March


We were down the shore last week for Rachel's cheerleading competition. We have been to a lot of competitions before, but this was totally different. It was a two day national competition, so each team performs both days. That way if you have a bad day you can bring up your score the next day. It was a great experience. We did not compete against another team, but our other teams did and they did well. We made a nice time of it. We got down the shore on Saturday morning. It was stormy day, but we ended up staying inside longer to watch the other teams. My husband even got into it. It was fun to watch level 4, 5, & 6 perform. The stunts and gymnastics they do is amazing. We packed a lunch of chicken salad, so we had a healthy lunch. We checked into a hotel at the Cape May shore. I washed out Rachel's fallen curls and we headed out to have a nice dinner. We ate at a great place called Lucky Bones. We have been to Cape May before, but have never eaten there before. The food, atmosphere, and our waitress were great. You could get a sandwich with homemade fries for $11 or a special fresh fish dinner for $24. We will definitely be back again. It was crowded for a March Saturday down the NJ shore. We went back to hotel and I rolled Rachel's hair and it turned out way better the next day. Sunday we went back to competition just me and Rachel. I did not want to pay another $40 for us all to get in. I know it can get expensive for sure. After the awards we were done by noon. We walked around the quaint shops and than headed out. We often take the long way so we can look at all the scenery. We stopped at a few chain stores looking for a new comforter with no luck. We stopped at Mack and Manco's pizzeria for their famous pizza. It was crowded and I know why their pizza is great. So we all had a great weekend. A nice young women offered to take this photo on the Ocean City's boardwalk. (Wasn't that nice) For whatever reason I forgot to take off my hood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammy, thank you so much for the WONDERFUL necklace you made for me! Don't be surprised if you will get lots of Swedish orders. I recommended your Etsy shop in my scrap blog. ;-) Lotsa Love/Lindzi

Joyfully Crafted said...

Oh my Lindzui, I really appreciate you recommending me. I have received several orders from Sweden. It is wonderful. I wanted to read your blog. I searched all over for swedish to english translation. I think I will go post on your blog.