Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What have I been doing lately?


I have been making bows. You might think well that is not so bad, but boy there are alot of steps. Actually I should be making some right now. It is Tuesday and I need all 42 bows complete by Saturday for Sunday's cheerleading competition. I like how they turned out. It is for my daughter's cheerleading team. The coach wanted sparkly bows and I have seen this type of sequin bow, but I assumed it was ribbon. Well, it is not. I searched for a long time with no luck finding any sequin ribbon. I contacted a nice seller on ebay asking to buy some ribbon and she kindly told me it is fabric. I am not sure how others make these bows, but I cut the fabric and used some fusible tape to iron it on from the back. I fold them, sew them in the middle, tie piece of ribbon with a pony, and cut the ends. See I told there is alot of steps. I am glad I can help do the bows, but it just seems like there is never enough time. I received alot of jewelry orders over the weekend so they come first. Thankfully I have had some with bow making process. My older daughter cut all the fabric strips. I ironed half and my sister is coming tomorrow to iron some more, while I make some more bows. Hopefully I will have time to make some new jewelry items this week. I got some new supplies and I am excited to get started on a new idea.

1 comment:

erin said...

Multitalented!!!!! They look great!