Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving is just a Memory

But not a memory forgotten. Thanks to my wonderful and talented 13 year old daughter Christina. Okay this is not a photo of out dinner and no we did not eat outside. I did not take a photo. I know I am a terrible mom. Well my daughter loves to cook and be in charge. LOL! So she wanted to do it ALL by herself. Really I asked if she wanted help. It was just our family for dinner, but we had plenty for more. She baked fresh peanut butter and Hershey kiss cookies the night before. She was planning ahead knowing the oven would have a turkey in it. So I woke up in the morning and was drinking coffee and preparing to fill some custom orders before dinner at 4pm. Well the next thing I see is 2 pots full of peeled and cut potatoes. Wow, she doesn't mess around. Well it came time to put the turkey on and I started working in my area off the family room. I warned her that she had to clean out the turkey before cooking it. At first she was like no way, but I took too long to come and she had that turkey seasoned and in the oven all by herself. Well I will take you right to the dinner table. My husband helped a little cleaning some pots so she could reuse them. So this was the line up Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole, Corn, Cranberry Sauce, and Croissants all on the table HOT! I can't even do that. I told her most women cook their first turkey dinner after marriage and kids. So HOORAY Christina she is an excellent cook. Food Network has made a star.

No comments: