Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sharing an email from an Ebook customer

I thought I would share a question from a recent customer of my Stamping ebook. I hope anyone who has purchased my ebook on Hand Stamping or How to make glass art pendants knows I am always available to answer questions. I love when people ask me questions. I have been asked questions on starting their own business to where to buy a supply they may be looking for questions on how to do something they may have seen in my store. I am really going to try and finish my ebook this coming week on sawing and riveting silver. I have charts to help with sizing and I plan on doing using a few different skills to complete a project. I am excited for the ebook to be released. It will have a lot information to offer and plus I am available to answer any questions. Okay so the photo you see is a new marker that I am trying out.

QUESTION: I was wondering if you know some websites that sell design stamps. I need some a little bigger.
Also any advice on how to make the letters darker with the permanent marker? I have done a few pieces but they are not as dark as I like them to be.


ANSWER: You can try and contact infinitystamps.com they do custom work but custom design stamps will run about $120 and up. They are really good quality stamps and can set you apart from other sellers.
As far as darkening the letters. If you want something darker you can try liver of sulphur. It will darken your whole piece. I could give written directions but you can just read it here. Log in and find lots of neat information. http://www.artjewelrymag.com/art/default.aspx?c=a&id=906 I also just tried a different pen and I found it at the craft store around here and you can find it online at dickblick.com It seems to be darker and more resistant to water. I have not finished the trial on it to recommend them but so far much blacker and stays longer. Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black marker with .6mm point
Thanks, Tammy

No comments: