Thursday, March 5, 2009

My new favorite bracelet.



Okay I am not a big jewelry wearing person. I know sounds weird from someone who makes it. LOL! Anyway I like things simple. I wear simple earring hoops, a simple light necklace, and usually one bracelet. Anyway I had this idea of this bangle with a slider charm and I remember when I first finished it I thought I really like the look of this, but I would hate wearing it. I showed it to my sister and we agreed cute look and someone else would love it with the sliding charm, but not us. We thought too much clanking for us simple girls. Well, I made it as an example for a custom piece. It such a different piece of personalized jewelry. I like to wear a piece if it is really different just to make sure there are no design flaws. My husband and I went out to dinner with his high school friend and his lovely wife. We all went to Scaturro's Restaurant and we loved it. We found out my husband's high school classmate is the owner. Anyway I decided to wear my sample. I wore it the next day, another day, and today. Well it is official I love it. It wears so nicely not noisy or bothersome. I actually enjoy playing with it sometimes, but I can totally forget it is on too! I am planning on making a version of the charm to go on those snake chain bracelets. It would be great I thought to buy a personalized charm with your kid's name or anniversary date to fit on the pandora, chamilia, biagi, or troll style bracelet. My friend has one and I am going to make her a charm for her new baby.

2 comments:

chris said...

i love it - it is unusual and unique and i would like to know more about the charm... could i get it with my kids names and could i just get the charm to put on one of my many bracelets.....
thanks

Joyfully Crafted said...

Thank you for your kind words. I can do a charm with custom names. I just made one, but did not get a chance to take a photo before I sent it. I am doing just a charm for someone with a snake chain bracelet so I will get a photo of it. It is round and has a slit opening on the one side, but I think it will look perfect. I will post some photos later next week.