Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year and some Disney pics

Wilderness Lodge Tree-each hotel and park has a themed tree they are so beautiful.

Chris wore the I am grumpy because you're dopey hat and Kev had the matching shirt and they did not even plan it.


Here is Christina at the restaurant. Now remember we left the house at 5 am to catch our 7 am flight.
Side note: This reminds me of us our flight we checked our bags at the airport and we were going to the security check. Well the electric went out in that section so we were routed to another area. That area had a super long line so we waited patiently. The clock approached 7 am as we were retrieving our belongings from the conveyor belt and we thought well they have to hold the flight everyone has been delayed. Right? No, we RAN to our flight as the closed the doors behind us at 7:03 am. WHEW! We just made it!

This is Rachel in front of Pop century's Christmas Tree.



We stayed at the Disney value resort Pop Century. This us walking to our room which was in front of the bowling pin pool. I love Pop Century the best it is the newest and the cafeteria is the biggest and it offers slushies (coke and blue raspberry) Rachel is pushing Kevin and Tammy's grand daughter Jeana-Marie. She was such a good baby.


I am going to blog over a few postings on our trip to split it up. Our first day we arrived early and met up with family to eat at the whispering cove found at the Wilderness Lodge. It was a nice meal of all you care to eat lunch of chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, slaw, and beans for $18. I would have liked a dessert to have been included, but that is just me. I would not go out of my way to eat here again.


We were on in the Disney dining plan which you pay for ahead of time and it gives you a table service meal, counter service meal, and a snack. Depending on where you go it saves you quite a bit a money and you can only get that option if you are staying on site in a Disney resort and have a park package. They offer so many great deals through out the year it is very affordable to visit Disney with hotel, parks, and food included especially for a family of four.


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I have been home for several days. I am just now feeling back to a normal schedule. We came home late on the 27th. We had family over on the 28th, church on the 29th, more family over on the 30th, some lazy days, and my nieces over on the 1st. I have lots of ideas in my head and so many things I want to do. I don't know what to do first. I am looking forward to the kids going back to school only because that will open my schedule up during the day. They do not drive crazy they are too old. It is nice being home with them over the holidays. (Especially because I do not have to drive them to school and we can sleep in late. lol !)

Okay we had a great time in Disney. It is always a great time to visit during Christmas. I will say that it was not as exciting because we had just been there not too long ago. Do not get me wrong we had an awesome time it was just familiar. We did so many things that we had never done before. We had always left by December 21st so this was the first time to stay until after Christmas. It is their most busiest and expensive time of year to visit that is why we only stayed through the 26th. The parks were crowded but not too bad only Christmas Day. (If we ever did this again we would stay back at the hotel with family and maybe eat at one of the hotel restaurants on Christmas Day.) So anyway it was busy but we did not wait long for any ride. The fast passes are a great way to go on the popular rides without waiting. I am not sure why anyone would wait. Usually we would arrive in a park around 10:30 am (we are not early risers). Christina would take all of our park cards and get us a fast pass for the most popular ride. That gives you a come back time for the ride you just go through the line without waiting long at all. Within two hours you can go get a fast pass for another ride and so on every two hours from there. Now the only thing is you might be way on the other side of the park so it is a pain, but my oldest was happy to go get them. She knew exactly where she was going and we both a phone to keep in contact during her short travel. Okay I had promised to take photos but I was good only on the first day and thankfully my kids took some from there. I am just terrible getting photos. We really need to get a video camera both my husband and his side kick Rachel love to take them. We had forgotten the flip video, but that has limited abilities.

No comments: